Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Paul McCartney and New Orleans

La Belle de l'Avenue d'Esplanade
I've been meaning to write about this.  Now that it's almost Autumn, Andy reminded me about a song about New Orleans sung by Paul McCartney and Wings:


I only remember Wings as being the Band on the Run.



I've never been a McCartney fan, always preferring Ringo.  However, while I was watching the video of "Call Me Back Again," I thought it sounded familiar.  Of course!  Kid Merv sang it last week at Kermit's Mother-in-Law Lounge.  

There's a Wings connection.  Kid Merv is a big fan of "Live and Let Die."






We're big Kid Merv fans.  Recently, he's been playing every Wednesday at the Mother-in-Law Lounge.  It's about a five minute walk from our house.

A votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...