Sunday, June 2, 2019

Get Your Good Self Down to New Orleans.



When you have New Orleans on your mind, you're in love.  Ours is an easy city to love.  Love is in the air in New Orleans.  New Orleans will get under your skin, deep in the heart of you.  I see it happen all the time.

I talk about it all the time.  A day in New Orleans is time well spent.  People stay at La Belle Esplanade and after their first day out in the city they tell me that they've never seen another place so beautiful.  Tell me about it.  I live here.  I go up and down our street several times a day.  I think the same thing.

Sometimes, I'll stop dead in my tracks, struck by some detail that has caught my attention and I'll say, out loud, to nobody in particular, "I love it here."  I mean it.

I am embedded in New Orleans, of course.  I live here.  I love here.  I spend most of my time in a mile and a half radius of La Belle Esplanade's address.  I go out every morning to buy bread and pastries from our neighborhood bakeries and coffee shops.  I know all the gossip.  I have my finger on the pulse of our part of the city.  When I get back to home base, I share that intelligence with our guests.

Visit New Orleans like you belong here.  You do belong here.  New Orleans is a magical city.  Everyone is welcome.  There is more to New Orleans than getting drunk on Bourbon Street.  When was the last time I was on Bourbon Street?  Hmmmmmmm.  Last September?  I wasn't drunk.  I was just passing through.

Don't pass through the rest of New Orleans outside of Bourbon Street.   There is so much going on here.  People live their lives and make good memories that will last a lifetime every day on every block of New Orleans' fancifully named streets.  Not just on Esplanade Avenue but on Humanity Street and Arts Street and Music Street and Mithra Street and Clio Street and Napoleon Avenue and Socrates Street, and on Magic Street and on Mystery Street and on Allard Avenue and on Terpsichore Street and Tchoupitous Street and Bernadotte Street and Bienville Street, outside the French Quarter, and on Caffin Avenue and Nuns Street and Dante Street and Olive Street, too.

Good memories, the best kind, are made in New Orleans in every way, every day.  You'll see. 

--- If you are looking for someplace to stay when you visit New Orleans, I happen to be an innkeeper.  I run the #1-ranked place to stay in New Orleans (it's been #1 since April 2014 according to TripAdvisor).  You could do a lot worse.  Believe me.  You can choose a lot worse.  If you are looking to experience authentic New Orleans off the usual tourist radar, you know where to find us: in the bright orange house with blue shutters on Esplanade Avenue: La Belle Esplanade.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...