Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back door at the New Orleans Healing Center
We were all over town yesterday, for some reason.  Frau Schmitt wanted to get something healthy at the health food store while your humble narrator had business at the botanica.  We had a cup at coffee at Fatoush without leaving the New Orleans Healing Center Building on St. Claude Avenue.  On the way out, we noticed that the other buildings on the block are being painted the same bright colors.

We were on Magazine Street, later.  
The facade of La Boulangerie
They make a delicious loaf shaped like a pretzel and studded with olives.  They call it something fancy that I can't be bothered to remember, but I think we should serve it for breakfast.  It really is delicious.
Gone but not forgotten
The current owners saved the ghost sign on the side of the former Ruth's Cozy Corner on the corner of Ursulines and North Robertson.
The corner of Ursulines and North Robertson.
I was wandering around Treme thinking about what is interesting about this part of the city.  I find our neighborhood endlessly fascinating.  I am trying to work up a bicycle tour of Bayou Road, so I was doing all this wandering around on the clock.  

I noticed that there are a lot of colorful houses along Esplanade Ridge.  

The chair caught my eye
One block up from Claiborne
Ooo-la-la!

Ours is a beautiful part of New Orleans to live in.  It is also a fascinating part to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...