Sunday, November 4, 2012

More things to do in New Orleans, LA

You can go to church in New Orleans, LA
Nobody comes to New Orleans to watch television.  New Orleans is about active participation, not passive viewing.  There are too many things to do on the street.  New Orleans may be televised, but it is is bigger and better than anything broadcast.  If you are visiting New Orleans, don't hole up in a hotel, even if it is a nice one.
You can enjoy an old-fashioned pizza pie in New Orleans, LA
You never know what you'll find when you turn a corner in New Orleans.  If it's raining where you are standing, then you know why the chicken crossed Canal Street.  She wanted to get to the sunny side.  
You can eat spumone, cassata, or ice cream in New Orleans, LA
When you are in New Orleans, you never know what you will find on the next block, but one thing is for sure; everyone will be friendly.  If you find yourself lost, then consider yourself found.  You are in New Orleans and it feels like home.  It is good to be here.
You can bet the ponies in New Orleans, LA
New Orleans' storied Fairgrounds Race Track officially opens this Thanksgiving Day, as it does every year.  If you want to visit New Orleans in November 2012, we know of a very nice historic NOLA bed and breakfast inn that is a seven-minute walk away from the New Orleans Fairgrounds.  Not only do the horses run around the track, but there are televisions broadcasting races from all over the country.
You can be a shadow in New Orleans, LA
What you choose to do, and what you choose to see, are entirely up to you.  If I was visiting New Orleans for a few days, I would get up before sunup and I would be out and about, absorbing all of the good things contained in this magnificent city.  I would be out long after sundown.  I wouldn't be watching TV, even if there were a television in my room.  
You can have a funeral  in New Orleans, LA
I live in New Orleans.  I drink the water.  I eat the food.  I breath the air.  I hear the music.  I feel the magic that warms my cranky Yankee heart and puts a spring in my step.  My pulse keeps time with my shoes as I ramble the potholed sidewalks.  You can fall in love in New Orleans, Louisiana.
You can stay in a bed and breakfast in New Orleans, LA
A votre sante.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...