Friday, March 28, 2014

What kind of bed and breakfast are you looking for?

Olive salad, pickled broccoli and apple fritters
What kind of B&B are you looking for today?  I know I've mentioned before that we put out a nice spread for breakfast.  Every B&B says that, don't they?  Here, we mean it.  You won't start the day hungry.  There is something for every taste.
Mango juice, homemade jams and fresh Pontchatoula strawberries
Strawberries have been in season for a few weeks now in Louisiana.  They come from Pontchatoula, the "Strawberry Capitol of the World."   This year's Strawberry Ball is being held in Pontchatoula tomorrow, March 29th.  Unfortunately we have guests checking in, otherwise we'd be going.
Coffee with chicory, the New Orleans way
Today we served crab cakes, among other delicacies.  Tomorrow is sausage from Terranova's up the street.  4th generation sausage makers.  They still make it by hand.  I've seen both father and son at it.  Teamwork.  They make muffalettas on Saturday mornings only.  They usually sell out by 1:00, so get there early.

So, what kind of B&B are you looking for?  It isn't an idle question.  It was posed this morning by one of our guests.  It wasn't Charles Schwab, but it was the next best thing.  Four lovely ladies from Texas are visiting.  Are there any other kind of ladies from Texas?



Charles Schwab probably has trademarked the phrase, "Own your tomorrow."  Too bad.  I like it.  La Belle Esplanade needs a slogan. It needs a lot of things, like a stuffed alligator in the lobby or an open bar.  Since it is taking me a very long time to find a stuffed alligator and an open bar probably isn't the best idea, I've settled on trying to think up a slogan.  After all, what else do I have to do while I'm sitting on the front porch?

Frau Schmitt will tell you that I could be spending my time on plenty of more productive projects, and she is usually right about these things.  I've never been accused of being practical, though.

In the meantime, I have something to occupy my thoughts.

Until then,
A votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.
We're the kind of B&B you're looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...