Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Clio Suite Update

Clio Suite, La Belle Esplanade
The Clio Suite has been open for awhile now, so it is time to post the latest photos from the front room.  The finishing touches are done.  This second-floor two-room suite with private bath also has a private balcony that overlooks Esplanade Avenue.  Everyone loves to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by below.
An extra bed, if needed
This suite can comfortably accommodate three guests (the third guest pays an additional fee at check-in).  The antique twin bed in the front room alternates with the sofa as a favorite place to relax.
Antique full bed in the second room
The bed in the second room faces the balcony.  Draw the shutters if you like, but it is nice to wake up with the dawning day filtered through the old oaks that line Esplanade Avenue.
*****
In other news, I was wetting my whistle in the Marigny yesterday and I bumped into a stranger who recognized me.  "Don't you have a motor scooter?" he asked.  "I always see you in the morning zipping past my house on Bayou Road."

I do have a motorscooter.  We both do.  We are a scooter family, running all our errands on two wheels.  It isn't necessary to own a car in New Orleans.
One of the scoots parked in our garden
I explained that I am an innkeeper.  The reason he sees me zipping past is because I am picking up fresh bread and pastries for breakfast before anybody else is awake.

"Is that your orange house on Esplanade?" he asked.  "That house is beautiful.  If I didn't live up the street, I'd take my wife there for a romantic getaway."

*****
While I was taking a picture of the scooter, I couldn't resist a close-up of the fountain.
Leda and the Swan
We will be putting some fish in the pool in the next week or so.  

Two couples spent the last couple of nights in the garden sharing a bottle of wine and enjoying each others' company, enjoying the sounds of the neighborhood, and enjoying the gentle splish-splash of the fountain.

Stepping back to the rear of the garden, I had to take another picture, one that says a thousand words.  As much as the front of La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast is a show stopper on the tour bus route, I always like the look from the back.
Excelsior!
The sky is the limit in New Orleans.

Bienvenue a la Nouvelle Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...