Monday, March 16, 2015

Saint Patrick's Day in New Orleans

Erin go braugh
You think I'm going to blather on for 700 words about St. Patrick's Day in New Orleans, don't you?  I'm not.  There were St. Patrick parades this weekend, and there will be another one tomorrow (St. Patrick's Day proper), but I've never found this day to be particularly interesting.  I've never felt Irish.  Please don't send any hate mail because I just said that.

Thursday is St. Joseph's Day.  I like that better.  It's a Sicilian holiday, and a New Orleans holiday.  

St. Joseph's Day is an important day for the Mardi Gras Indians, but I'm not a Mardi Gras Indian.  If I see them passing by our house on Thursday night, I'll feel privileged, but that's that.  

Frau Schmitt and I will be going to visit some St. Joseph altars on Thursday, but the documentation of that will be the subject of the subsequent post.  I'll be bringing my camera, I promise.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.  Drink some green beer for me.  We'll be going to a Pelican's game tomorrow night.  Our first basketball game.  It's being played at the Smoothie King Center in the Central Business District, known as the CBD, hereabouts.

And so, the calendar goes about its annual rounds.  Another day, another fresh round of guests at our inn.  We have continued our good luck having good company the past few weeks.  We are fortunate to be in this business.  I'm giving a walking tour of the neighborhood tomorrow morning.  This is something I always enjoy.  If you're going to stay with us, try to arrange one.  Even if you are not staying with us, send us an email and I'll see if we can pencil you in.  You'll learn a lot about what it is like to live on Esplanade Ridge.

Until next time,
Stay sober, and,
À votre santé,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...