Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Good memories are made in the wash

Ode to Joy soap
Little things mean a lot.  There are angels in the details.  I know I've already mentioned that we have soaps handmade in New London, Connecticut.  

When people think about staying in a bed and breakfast, they are, naturally enough, usually interested in two things: What's the bed like?  How's the breakfast?  I know I've already written about the beds at La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast, right down to the bedspreads.  I also know that I've previously described our breakfasts and what goes into them.  

Good things bear repeating.  It is time to talk about Olive and Oud soap again.
Perfect morning soap
We got a new shipment today.  We have the best smelling mailbox on Esplanade Avenue and we are proud of it.  If you want to have the best smelling mailbox on your street, Olive and Oud soap is available for sale to the discerning public.

As professional licensed innkeepers, we always do our best to make every day start with a perfect morning.  Little things, like miniature artisanal soap and good coffee with chicory, mean a lot.
Tammie, the housekeeper
I asked Tammie, the housekeeper, her opinion of one of the new soaps.  We only keep hand cut one-inch cubes of Olive and Oud soap in stock.  I opened the box and picked a cube at random, then I tossed it to Tammie, the housekeeper.  She plays shortstop on her softball team.

She held it under her nose.  She rubbed a little on her wrist and smelled that.  I followed her to the kitchen.  She washed her hands, then she washed her face.  When she was done, she was smiling.  She is only a housekeeper part time.  Her full time job is as a dental hygienist.  She has perfect teeth.

"This soap is perfect," she said.  "It reminds me of the sun shining on the oleander in the back garden.  It reminds me of breakfast with an old boyfriend.  It's like tossing off the covers in April on a bright day.  It's like it just stopped raining.  It's like a perfect morning.  It's like ice cream for breakfast."

There are angels in the details.  If you want, you can buy Olive and Oud soap online.  If you just want to try it before you buy it, you can stay at a colorful New Orleans bed and breakfast inn.  

A votre sante,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...