Saturday, April 27, 2013

Second day of Jazz Fest

Ordinary men
At breakfast this morning, the morning of the second full day of Jazz Fest, our guests asked if we enjoyed the first day of Jazz Fest.  We did.

We didn't make it to the Fair Grounds.  As professional innkeepers, we were on standby all day.  Instead, we went to the Animal Rescue New Orleans Golf Classic dinner.  

There were a few members of the 610 Stompers at the dinner.  They looked like ordinary men who possess ordinary moves, but we couldn't be sure until we got a look at their shoes.
Golden dancing shoes
The Stompers looked like they were having a good time.  Everyone was having a good time.  The band was playing.
It ain't got a thing if there isn't a tuba
The 610 Stompers were standing next to some Pussyfooters.
Catnip
The music was good and the food was very good.  The company was good.  I sat next to an Englishman and we hobnobbed and toasted each other.  He and Frau Schmitt have become very good friends.  It turns out he knows Tammie, the housekeeper.

The floorshow was good.  When two Pussyfooters get together there is a purring party, when more than two get together, there is synchronized dancing.  
Extraordinary women
When there are 610 Stompers nearby, well, you know what happened after that.
Extraordinary moves

The closest thing to crime this weekend has been some heavy petting.  It takes two to tango and it takes a crowd to make a party.  It's been as busy as it has been peaceable and pleasant on Esplanade Avenue this Jazz Fest weekend.  In other parts of New Orleans, too.  That's the way things usually are.

We asked our guests how they enjoyed their first day of Jazz Fest.  They spent all day at the Fair Grounds.  They are staying with us from Day One until the last note, then they are spending an extra day in New Orleans after Jazz Fest for good measure.  Smart people.  There is no such thing as too many good times and good memories.  That's the gumbo New Orleans cooks best.

"It's nice to stay in a bed and breakfast in walking distance of Jazz Fest's front gate," they said.  Frau Schmitt and I agree.  She is usually right about these things.
Tammie, the housekeeper
While I was writing this, Tammie, the housekeeper, was looking over my shoulder.  "It's bad enough that you always have to call me the housekeeper," she said.  

She pointed over my shoulder, "Do you always have to post that drawing of a woman smoking a pipe when you talk about me in this innkeeper blog?"

I told that I don't have to, but I know she's camera-shy.  The drawing that I always use when I mention Tammie, the housekeeper, has a mole on her left cheek.  I added that.  She doesn't really.  I've also never seen her smoke a pipe either, though I wouldn't mind seeing that.  

Tammie, the housekeeper, told me I could take her photograph, but the one I took didn't do her justice.  I chose not to post it.
This is not Tammie, the housekeeper
Jazz Fest 2013 is well underway with new adventures every which way.  As the people walking past our front porch say all day, "Happy Jazz Fest."

A votre sante.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...