Saturday, June 15, 2013

Good to the last crumb

An atypical New Orleans street corner
I was down by City Hall the other day, which is not the busiest part of the city.  I got off at the streetcar stop at Elks' Place.  I hopped onto the Loyola Line for a few blocks that I could have walked faster. 

I looked up to the statuary over the entrance to City Hall.
New Orleans City Hall pediment
When you visit in New Orleans, you try not to think about politics too much.  It will just hurt your head and you still won't understand it any better when you're done thinking about it.  Things work the way they do in New Orleans.  It is a catholic city.  

When you live in New Orleans, you try not think too much about politics if you want to keep your sanity.  Things work out the way they do in New Orleans.  It doesn't have to make sense.  Forgive and forget.  Try again.

It has been a long time since anyone has associated New Orleans with two naked Indians and a live alligator.  

After I was done at City Hall, I headed up Simon Bolivar Avenue.  Something about this sign reminded me of City Hall.  I can't say what it was.
A particular New Orleans street corner
When you cross Canal Street to the head of Elk's Place, you will see my second-most favorite statue in New Orleans.  It is the statue of Molly Marine.
Molly Marine, New Orleans
That statue reminded me of my first-most favorite statue.
Clio, on Esplanade Avenue

A votre sante,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...