Thursday, September 12, 2013

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

I was reading something on the internet this morning about 10 Myths about New Orleans.  One particular observation was that wearing Mardi Gras beads any time of year except after a parade is like carving a jack-o-lantern in May.  I'm going to remember that.  

It is also true that I have never heard anyone who lives here say "N'Awlins."  Never.  Not even with quotation marks.  I was going to link to the full list, but nothing shows up on welovenola.com for me anymore.  Maybe it will work for you.  I know I didn't imagine it.  I'm thinking about writing a synopsis, but it probably won't be as interesting to you.
The hat makes the man
You might think that I spend all my time on the internet, but it wouldn't be true.  Too much, perhaps, but not all of it.  I do a lot of research.  I have to.  I'm going to be a licensed tour guide.  I went to the airport today to get my fingerprints taken as part of the application process.  Soon, you can rest assured that your humble narrator has passed and FBI background check.  

We're going on a group bicycle ride tonight.   It starts at Finn McCool's on Banks Street, about fifteen minutes away and it ends up at the Bayou Beer Garden about ten minutes away.  Two Irish joints.  It is supposed to be about an hour and a half ride, so it's going to be a very scenic route.  Especially at night.

Every night I walk our dog, and every night I say, "Our neighborhood is so beautiful at night."  I say it during the day, too, but at night New Orleans is even more magical.  
Laissez les bon temps rouler!
The dog is usually just interested in finding the next chicken bone.  Either that or he's watching the cat dance with the owl.  You never know what you'll find when you turn the corner here.

A votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...