Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Finding a good bakery in New Orleans

French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
I hear people have nightmares when they don't stay in a New Orleans bed and breakfast.  I don't know if that's true, but I thought I would pass it along.
Blue Plate Building
We were down on the other end of Jefferson Davis Parkway today checking out another bakery.  Not that we don't like the bakeries we already use, but variety is the spice of life.

The Blue Plate Building wasn't always artist lofts.  It used to be a mayonnaise factory.  They don't build 'em like that anymore.  Every time I pass it by myself, I stop because it is so remarkably perfect architecture.  

Here's a panoramic view of the intersection of South Jefferson Davis Parkway and Earhart Avenue:
Blue Plate Building, New Orleans, LA
The view to the left
New Orleans is a city of contrasts.  Your heart will break at how beautiful it is.  

If you take Washington Street from the Blue Plate Building, you'll end up in Broadmoor.   There are fascinating things going on down there.  Laurel Street Bakery is going to open a shop there.  We can't wait to give them a try.

I'll tell you about it when we do.

A votre santé,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...