Friday, September 13, 2013

Honeymoon in New Orleans

Pocket door in Les Fleurs Suite
We always call Les Fleurs Suite, "The Honeymoon Suite."  While all of our suites are romantic in their different ways, Les Fleurs is romantic romantic, if you know what I mean.  We don't call it Les Fleurs for nothing.  It's full of flowers.

It always makes me happy when people come from New York City and marvel at how much floor space they have for the length of their stay.  It is bigger than their apartment.

The other day, I was puttering around The Flower Suite with my camera, which also happens to be my phone.  I thought I should take some new pictures.  Coincidentally, today, someone asked me about Les Fleurs Suite.   

I found a use for those photos I was going to throw away.
Front window curtain
It's very dark if you don't open the curtains.  Some people like it that way.  The front window leads to a private porch that faces Esplanade Avenue through a thicket of wild ginger.  It is a nice to sit and watch the easy parade along Esplanade.  

View from the hall door.
There are white Christmas lights around the pocket doors and in the bed canopy.  I didn't take a picture of that, but you can use your imagination.  It is very romantic.

I haven't mentioned flowers yet, but there are some.  The whole two-room suite has a botanical theme.
Remember I took these with my phone
There are flowers everywhere you look.  I chose to look over the mantle in the sitting room because it always makes me smile to look at these original oil paintings.
Mantle in Les Fleurs Suite
There are plenty of reasons to stay at a bed and breakfast, but a big part of it is the bed.  The bed in Les Fleurs Suite is a beautiful bed.

I didn't take any pictures of the private bath, but it has an antique clawfoot tub.  A lot of people ask if there's a shower.  There is.  

It is a cozy place and I don't mean it the way that Grandma's house is cozy.  I mean cozy in a romantic way.  It's like something out of a movie.  

To all the honeymooners, past, present and future,

A votre sante,
La Belle Esplanade Bed and Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...