Friday, September 4, 2020

They Call New Orleans "The Man-Breaker."


We're going to dedicate the rest of September to a selection of stories about why they call New Orleans "The Man-Breaker."  New Orleans has broken many a man and we're going to investigate the who, what, where, how, and why.

New Orleans has broken many a man, both strong men and weak men, both simpletons and geniuses.  Mostly the latter.

Seven days away from New Orleans will make one weak.  If you can make it in New Orleans, you can make it anywhere.  Be a New Orleanian, wherever you happen to find yourself.

Fourth wave feminists who read this blog, please, take note.  Keep those cards and letters coming.

What will these stories be about?  How should I know?

I know they will be about why they call New Orleans "The Man-Breaker."  Most people call it The Big Easy, but I know more than a few people, men and women, who call New Orleans "The Man-Breaker."   They say it like they really mean it, like they feel it in their bones.

I make these stories up as I go along.  Or, rather, I write down what I remember from my experience in this wonderful city New Orleanians call home.  Alternatively, I transcribe what I am doing at the moment.  Right now I am writing this.  Enjoy.

I live in a New Orleans state of mind.  I have a PhD. in Confabulation.  I bumped into Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on North Tonti Street last week.  He's a super-nice guy.

What?  You think I plan this blog ahead of time?  Nope.  I make it all up on the fly.  It's like jazz----practiced improvisation.  That's what keeps this blog so fantastically fresh.

What will the new stories be this month?  We'll find out.  I only decided on this month's theme when I free-associated the title of this post five minutes ago.  It only took me four days.

What's the title again?  Oh, yeah.  It's called, "They Call New Orleans 'The Man-Breaker.'"  I love to use double quotation marks.  I don't usually have the opportunity.  Do you?

We will see what September brings.  As often as I am able, for the rest of this month, I will post a story on this very blog about how a man who was broken in this man-breaker of a city.  

Stay tuned.  The best is yet to come.

We don't allow comments on this blog because I get tired of deleting all the spam.  If you want to be notified when new posts go up, follow the Facebook Page of our sponsor:  La Belle Esplanade.  You can always comment on their Facebook page.  La Belle has a lively community of 13,500 followers.  Join the club.

Here's the link to La Belle's website.  Visit New Orleans like you belong here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...