Saturday, May 3, 2014

Colors of New Orleans

Sign on North Broad Avenue
I had something to do, so I headed uptown on North Broad Avenue.  I once remarked to Frau Schmitt that North Broad is our main street.  We're always taking it to get somewhere and we always take it on the way home.


Pink building, North Broad Avenue, New Orleans, LA
For many moons, the building on the corner of North Broad and Toulouse Street has been a lot of colors, but it's never been pink and red until very recently.  It's maybe been four months.  The walls are pink and the roof is red.  The windows have lime green trim.  
What lies behind the green door?
I had the chance to talk to Sarah, who told me that it's going to be a kind of antique and artistic gift store, if I understood her correctly.  It seems to be a collaborative of seven women who are a part of the neighborhood.  A lot of them meet at the Fair Grinds Coffeehouse.  That tidbit didn't help me since I usually go to the Pagoda Cafe for coffee.  It's a big neighborhood.

Anyhow, I love the colors.  Every room in our inn is a different color.  Frau Schmitt likes to say, "You can't be afraid of color,"  and she is usually right about these things.  She also says she doesn't like the red with the pink, but I disagree with that.

As I was saying, I had an errand to run in Uptown.  I didn't see many colorful buildings Uptown.  I did see this one, however:
Napoleon Avenue, in Broadmoor
I thought it was a different house, but I wasn't disappointed when I parked my scooter in the Napoleon Avenue neutral ground.  I had to take a picture since I had my camera on me, so I temporarily blocked the Broadmoor Fine Arts and Wellness Trail.  Even though there wasn't anybody around, there is still a lot going on in Broadmoor.

What scooter was that?
The Black Bullet 
It was the scooter I was driving across New Orleans to pick up a loaf of  that pretzel-shaped olive bread at La Boulangerie.  That's a French bakery on Magazine Street.  It's the second weekend of Jazz Fest.  Everybody is in a good mood.

A votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...