Monday, July 6, 2015

New Restaurant in Tremé

Sky over North Rocheblave Street, New Orleans, LA
It was the darnedest thing, but I saw an eruption of snakes out of one of the lagoons in City Park.  Don't ask me to explain it, words won't suffice.  Just imagine walking by a placid lagoon minding your own business and hearing a burbling out in the water. When you turn, there is an eruption of snakes out in the middle of the lagoon.  They went up in the air, then they went down, then they swam away an all directions.  I beat a hasty retreat away from the shoreline.  I've seen a lot of things in my life but I've never seen anything like that.  You never know what you'll see in New Orleans.
North Rocheblave Street from Orleans Avenue, New Orleans, LA
A new restaurant has opened up behind us, on the corner of Orleans Avenue and North Rocheblave Street.  When we first moved here, five years ago, the building was empty.  Just before Hurricane Isaac, three years ago, the building was renovated and opened as a market.  I know because I went to buy ice there after the hurricane. We had lost power and we had just opened for business ourselves.  The market didn't last long, unfortunately.  

A month or two ago, the building went back into commerce as a restaurant of sorts.  It's now Orleans Ave. Wok & Soul.
Orleans Ave. Wok & Soul, New Orleans, LA
I took the photo above early in the morning, but yes, indeed, it's now open.  Down in da Tremé with me and my baby.  Only the best Chinese!!!!  Fresh donuts, bacon and eggs, po-boys, burgers and hot dogs for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  Dine in or take out.

Wok and soul, New Orleans style
Frau Schmitt and I haven't been yet.  It's on our list, like so many other restaurants that are in the city.  I'm waiting to get a review from one of our neighbors before I take the plunge.  Not that have any trepidation.  I'm sure it's better than any of the other Chinese food available in our neighborhood.  It's just that this seems more a place for neighborhood habitueés than visitors from out of town.  I may be wrong.  After all, it's only a two blocks from Willie Mae's Scotch House and two blocks from Dooky Chase's.  

You can ask us about it when you come visit.  Until then...

À votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...