Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Marxist Innkeepers in New Orleans

A Marxist Innkeeper in New Orleans, LA
The jacket gives it away.  That and the cigar.  Everything I learned about being an innkeeper I learned from Marx Brothers' movies:



If you are curious about how I learned to ride a camel, I learned that from Bing Crosby and Bob Hope:


If you're wondering how I learned the secret of a happy marriage, I learned it from Frau Schmitt.  I remember it well.  I also picked up some tips from Maurice Chevalier, for what they were worth:


If you want to know why everyone who tangles with my derring-do ends up at the same angle that herring do, well, I refuse to be outfoxed:




If you are wondering what any of this has to do with a New Orleans, you are not alone, no doubt, dear reader.  

But wait, what about that plaid jacket your humble narrator was wearing in the first photo?  Two words: Spike Jones:



If you have sat through no other video clip thus far, sit through this one.  I was at the Sazarac Bar in the Roosevelt Hotel this afternoon and while what transpired wasn't an exact reenactment of this scene, it was close enough---especially after 1:39.  Enjoy.

You never know what you'll see in New Orleans.  

À votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...