Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Best Snow Balls in New Orleans

Plans for our dining room
It's a new year and changes are afoot at the inn.  We like to keep improving on things.  Never a dull moment.  I can't reveal too much at this point, but I can tell you that we've just installed new display cabinets in the lobby---we are constructing a museum in the lobby.  Don't ask too many questions, when you check in you'll see what we mean.  You'll be speechless.

We also have some plans for Les Fleurs Suite.  That project may take a bit longer because your humble narrator is going to have to spend a lot of time out in Cajun Country, which means out in the swamp.  I don't go to the swamp often because I'm allergic to alligators and snakes, but I love what we do so I'll do what it takes.

That's my promise to you.
7 days a week
If you want to know where the best snow balls in town are, well, that's subjective matter.  Snow balls are a seasonal business, a lot of places aren't open in the winter.  I think Baby's Snack Box is open, but they sell nachos and hot dogs as well as snow balls.  They sell other things, too.  I like going to Baby's but I don't like going to the other side of town.

I was on Plum Street the other day when I saw the sign above.  Unfortunately, it's winter and Plum Street Snow Balls isn't open right now.  A lot of people around town swear Plum Street Snow Balls are the best.  
Plum Street Snow Balls
When I go Uptown, which isn't as often as I would like, I tend to go to Snow Wizard or to Hansen's Sno-Bliz.  More people know about the snow ball stands Uptown than the ones that are Downtown, but that doesn't mean the one's Downtown are less good, only that they're less famous.  

The same is true about B&Bs.

À votre santé,
La Belle Esplanade bed and breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...